Santa & D'Sas Little Helper Prosecco NV
- Crisp, fine
- King Valley
Need a little help getting the party started? Let us reintroduce this little helper... Fizzing with good, clean fun it comes from Australia’s hottest prosecco region and is made by a winery team who just so happen to be one of Halliday’s top ten ‘Dark Horses’ of 2016. Party started? It’s already begun!
We’re talking about a super fresh sparkling that’s bursting with pears, citrus fruits, apples and a lively line of acidity. This prosecco is pure joy in a glass, and on a hot day, the closest thing to heaven you’ll find in the fridge.
Originally from northeast Italy, prosecco has made a happy home here in the King Valley, Victoria. Here it has flourished in cool hills of the region and the hands of the Italian migrants who settled here over 60 years ago. Today, prosecco has taken the world by storm, and in Australia, Santa & D’sas are among the most exciting producers quenching our insatiable thirst for these bubbles. And this little helper will make sure you’re thoroughly refreshed.
Full price $25.00 from the producer.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- King Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
The region of King Valley is as impressive as its name. With a magnificent vineyard area covering 1,800ha, it represents half of all the plantings in North East Victoria. Celebrated for its innovative varietals, covering all corners of the globe - from Spain, to Germany, France, Russia and more famously Italy, it's this point of difference that has made the area such a revered Aussie wine region. Gentle slopes, warm days and cool nights make it an ideal area to produce Mediterranean varieties such as Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and Prosecco amongst many other out-of-the-box wines - talk about La Dolce Vita!
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Salt & pepper squid
- 3 (about 600g) large cleaned squid hoods
- 1L (4 cups) vegetable oil
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Lemon wedges and soy sauce with
- sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
- Use a sharp knife to cut through 1 side of each squid hood lengthways. Open out flat with inside surface facing up and score surface diagonally. Cut into 3.5cm squares and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium heat until it reaches 190°C on a confectionary/oil thermometer. (Or, add a 5cm cube of bread to the oil - it should turn light golden in 10 seconds.)
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, pepper, Chinese five-spice and chilli in a medium bowl. Add the squid and toss gently to coat.
- Remove half of the squid from the flour mixture and shake off any excess. Add to the oil and cook, turning with a slotted metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until the squid just turns golden and curls. Use the slotted spoon to transfer the squid to a large plate lined with paper towel to drain. Reheat the oil in the wok to 190°C. Repeat with the remaining squid.
- Serve immediately with the lemon wedges and chilli soy sauce.