If the mere mention of Burgundy scares you because of all the classifications, vineyards, villages and the simple fact that everything is in French (not to mention some astronomical prices at the top end), then the Terres Secretes Les Preludes is the perfect place to start. It’s chardonnay - from Burgundy. It comes at a price that doesn’t require approval from your bank manager and it’s very good. Floral and fragrant with orchard fruits like pear and apple. and there’s plenty of citrus tang that lingers on providing a fresh clean finish.
Beware - this should be considered a gateway wine. If this is your introduction to Burgundy, you could be hooked for life.
“Deliciously ripe pear, apricot, citrus and exotic melon underpinned by a lean, mineral purity; vibrant and fresh with a mouthwatering juiciness and a very long finish.”
Full price $35.00 from the winery on 22 October 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Chardonnay
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Lemon garlic prawns with linguine
- 500g pkt dried linguine
- 30g butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 800g medium green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100g baby spinach
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and garlic and cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through.
- Whisk lemon juice, lemon rind, lemon thyme, remaining 2 tbs oil and sugar together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lemon dressing to prawns, followed by drained pasta and spinach, then toss well to combine. Serve immediately.