If you are looking for a reliable sav blanc, something to have in the fridge for week night takeaway - this is the wine for you. It’s the definition of zippy - light, fresh and fruity. Think tropical fruits on the nose and palate, and zesty lime pith to finish. Ripper!
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article – absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Limestone Coast
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Serving Temp.
The Limestone Coast encompasses Coonawarra, Padthaway, Wrattonbully, Mt Benson, Robe and Mt Gambier. A relatively warm wine region on the whole, but peppered with various pockets of cool weather and an overriding maritime influence, it produces wines from rich reds to alternative whites and has the perfect conditions for some amazing dessert wines and Riesling. Including names both big and up-and-coming, if it's a mutli-regional blend you're after, Limestone Coast delivers on quality and value.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Potato roesti with smoked salmon
- 800g royal blue potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2-1 tsp horseradish cream, or to taste
- 100g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 bunch rocket, leaves torn
- 200g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- Coarsely grate potatoes into a sieve placed over a bowl.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper. Using your hands, squeeze out any excess moisture from grated potatoes.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches and adding more oil when needed, add heaped tablespoonfuls of potato mixture to pan, flattening to form 8cm rounds. Cook roesti for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until crisp and golden.
- Drain roesti on paper towels. Place horseradish cream and cream cheese in a bowl and stir until smooth. Divide roesti among plates. Top with rocket, smoked salmon and a spoonful of cream cheese mixture. Scatter with chives then season to taste. Serve immediately.