Roche De Bellene Bourgogne Chardonnay Vieilles Vignes 2015
“This is a really good wine to stick your toe in the water with. Berry Bros, which is the leading fine wine merchant in the UK, has identified this as one of their favourite producers of both red and white Burgundies.” – Eddie, The Wine Guy
“Why is this white Burgundy so special? Well, a lot of white and red Burgundies that you buy around this price tend to be a bit bland, a bit watery and they’re really lacking – and this does quite the opposite.”
“It has beautiful green apple, lovely, lovely little pear notes and that slightly oatmeal flavour that you get from a little bit of oak. It’s got enough generosity in the palate that it’s going to keep most people at a dinner party happy, and for your chardonnay aficionados it’s really ticking a lot of boxes. It’s fresh, vibrant and good for an Aussie chardy drinker who wants to give a Euro version a bit of a go.”
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- 220 added
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Chardonnay
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Balsamic roast chicken
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 chicken Marylands, trimmed
- 600g chat potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Place vinegar, mustard, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a large snap-lock bag. Shake to combine. Place chicken in bag. Shake to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Tip chicken and marinade into a large roasting pan. Place potatoes, remaining oil and salt and pepper in a second roasting pan. Turn to coat.
- Place chicken in oven on top shelf and potatoes on shelf below. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn potatoes. Roast chicken until it's cooked through and potatoes are golden.
- Combine lemon rind and parsley. Sprinkle over vegetables. Place on plates with rocket and chicken. Drizzle with lemon juice. Serve.