Kangarilla Road Reserve Pinot Grigio 2017
- Light, aromatic
- Adelaide Hills
Winners are grinners and grinners drink grigio. Fact. Particularly grigio like this ‘17 juice from Kangarilla Road, a 5 red star producer out of McLaren Vale. It’s a fresh, lemony vino with orange blossom and pineapple notes – perfect for long afternoons spent with seafood and sea views.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Adelaide Hills
- min. sulphites
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Serving Temp.
Don't kid yourselves, the Adelaide Hills are bigger and much more diverse than they seem. It stretches over 80km from the Barossa Valley in the North to McLaren Vale in the South. The area is so variable that small pockets such as Piccadilly and Longwood can only ripen marginal such as Chardonnay or Pinot Noir, whereas other specific areas are perfect for peppery Shiraz and ballsy Cabernet. A healthy mix of experienced hands and young hipsters ensure the region stays at the cutting edge of the industry. Natural wines, and new European varieties including Nebbiolo and Gruner Veltliner are some of the more recent highlights to keep an eye out for.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Buckwheat blinis with smoked salmon and dill cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 30g butter, chopped
- 150g smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- Combine egg and milk together with a fork. Sift flours into a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring with the fork until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Melt a little of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Using 2 level teaspoons mixture per blini, cook in batches of 8 for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat 3 times.
- Divide smoked salmon evenly into 32 portions. Combine sour cream and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place blini on a platter. Top with sour cream mixture, salmon and lemon rind. Serve sprinkled with dill sprigs.