Grüner has won over a great many hearts lately at the ‘fo, and this one has a fair share of followers. Cool, collected and sparkling clean flavours give a spa-like feel to it. The nose shows both grassy aromatics and gentle accents of ripe stonefruit richness. There’s a whip-crack of acidity to keep everything in check, too. If you like your fresh whites, everything from grigio, to savvy, to riesling, to Chablis-style chardy, you’ll find a lot to love in this. Oh, and it’ll cellar for five years, no sweat.
“Medium yellow-green. Fine meadow herbs, ripe passion fruit, a little peach, candied orange zest, dark minerality. Juicy, fine structure, fresh acidity, ripe apple fruit, fine-spicy in the reverberation, sticks well, versatile use.”
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Grüner Veltliner
- Serving Temp.
From the producer
The ultimate expression of our terroir. Cool, firm and smoky, punchy and mineral. In the course of the years many other nuances have come to our minds: So too are herbal notes and at times ripe fruit flavors appear. The structure is muscular and sinewy, the acid high but always balanced. The potential is great: a first peak is reached - depending on the year - between the third and the fifth year.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Basil pesto pasta
- 375g dried linguine pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve