David & Nadia Chenin Blanc 2017
- South Africa
Powerhouse duo David and Nadia are taking South Africa (and the WORLD) by storm with their new age approach to winemaking. Not only do they produce incredible wines, they follow organic and ecological farming practises and minimal intervention in the winery, which ensures their wines reflect their land. Spending a year in old oak, this chenin blanc is complex, well-structured and displays fleshy deliciousness with each sip. With a fresh palate of tropical fruits, citrus and all spice, this white beauty has a long and minerally finish. Drink this with chargrilled fish dish to bring out those pineapple flavours... then add a mini umbrella to your glass if you’re feeling extra fun.
Part of our Women in Wine Collection
We are committed to ALWAYS having wines available that are made by women. In an industry that’s still dominated by men, we believe in celebrating the incredible work women are doing. Here’s to our Women in Wine!
Winemakers: Nadia & David, Nadia is a qualified soil scientist and viticulturalist, she makes these wines with her husband, David.
Greg Sherwood MW
“From seven different vineyards with one new addition planted in the 1960s. Cool restrained nose of fresh straw, white citrus, pineapple pastille and peach pips. Spent a year in old oak without imparting any oak character but enhancing the textural breadth of the wine. Palate shows impressive fleshy concentration, bristling acids and delicious sweet pineapple, pear puree, granitic minerality and a long, intense, persistent finish.”
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- South Africa
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chargrilled harissa fish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons harissa
- 4 x 200g blue-eye fillets, skin removed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into quarters, deseeded
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Combine harissa and 1/2 cup cold water in a shallow ceramic dish. Add fish fillets and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high heat. Place capsicum, skin side down, on grill. Cook for until skin turns black. Transfer capsicum to a plastic bag. Twist top to seal and stand for 5 minutes. Peel and discard skin. Roughly chop capsicum and place in a bowl.
- Add chickpeas, parsley and green onions to capsicum. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Toss gently.
- Reduce barbecue grill to medium heat. Spray both sides of fish with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side. Place fish and salad on plates. Top with yoghurt. Season with pepper and serve.