It is with great pride that we stand here today, introducing you to one of our latest and greatest wine finds. Mofos, meet Coola Road. Working out of Mount Gambier, these new kids on the block are shaking up the South Aussie winemaking world with their cool-climate delights. Especially this 95 Halliday point, single vineyard riesling.
All Coola wines are sourced from family-owned vineyards west of Mount Gambier where the flinty, limestone soils and maritime climate provide ultimate grape growing conditions. Think Chablis, France and Marlborough.
And even Halliday himself has sat up and taken notice of this hot new South Aussie producer, describing the rizza in question as “totally delicious...awash with lime juice fruit balanced and lengthened by minerally acidity...a great left-field surprise…”. But you better grab it while it’s hot, at under $11 this riesling won’t be in the cellar for long.
Full price $20.00 from winery on 23/03/16.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Mount Gambier
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
About 4.5 hours outside of Melbourne, Mount Gambier is home to an array of boutique wine producers. Know for their fertile countryside and Waygu beef, they also produce some high quality wines such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chicken and sesame salad
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 120g baby spinach, washed, dried
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Remove flesh from chicken. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl. Add spinach, carrot and onions.
- Half-fill a frying pan with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add asparagus. Cook until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Make dressing Whisk together orange juice, tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and dressing to chicken mixture. Toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...