Casaponte Terre Siciliane IGT Pinot Grigio 2019
- Light, aromatic
Looking for that crowd-pleasing white to open on any occasion? Mid-week drinking? Unexpected friends dropping by? Or that itch to open just one more bottle before you turn into a pumpkin? The Casaponte Terre Siciliane IGT is your go-to drop. Good enough to please the most discerning palates - at a price that makes your wallet smile. Take in all those lovely savoury pear, apple and spice notes on the nose - and enjoy that lively citrus acidity and clean finish on the palate. And with that sort of report card to please any discerning parent, it goes a treat with a wide range of foods. It’s easy with seafood, carbonara pasta or nibbles under a market umbrella. Get your summer vibe going with this in your stockpile.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Salt & pepper squid
- 3 (about 600g) large cleaned squid hoods
- 1L (4 cups) vegetable oil
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Lemon wedges and soy sauce with
- sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
- Use a sharp knife to cut through 1 side of each squid hood lengthways. Open out flat with inside surface facing up and score surface diagonally. Cut into 3.5cm squares and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium heat until it reaches 190°C on a confectionary/oil thermometer. (Or, add a 5cm cube of bread to the oil - it should turn light golden in 10 seconds.)
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, pepper, Chinese five-spice and chilli in a medium bowl. Add the squid and toss gently to coat.
- Remove half of the squid from the flour mixture and shake off any excess. Add to the oil and cook, turning with a slotted metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until the squid just turns golden and curls. Use the slotted spoon to transfer the squid to a large plate lined with paper towel to drain. Reheat the oil in the wok to 190°C. Repeat with the remaining squid.
- Serve immediately with the lemon wedges and chilli soy sauce.