There’s more to Sauvignon Blanc than well-known regions like Marlborough, Adelaide Hills and Loire. Chile’s Valle Central delivers plenty of bang for your buck, with pungent gooseberry on the nose with just a gentle touch of leafiness. It’s certainly not your shy retiring type. There’s plenty on show.
The palate holds your attention with gooseberry going all the way down the spine with juicy lime-like acidity.
Fresh and flavourful - this is one very drinkable mofo for the SB lovers.
Part of our Women in Wine Collection
We are committed to ALWAYS having wines available that are made by women. In an industry that’s still dominated by men, we believe in celebrating the incredible work women are doing. Here’s to our Women in Wine!
Winemaker: Viviana Navarrete
Viviana Navarrete is the chief winemaker for a group of wineries including Casa Rivas and Leyda, another of our favourites.
Full price $18.00 from the producer on 7 January 2020.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Chopped basil and cooked fettuccine pasta, to serve
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until vegetables have softened. Return chicken to dish with wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute or until wine has almost evaporated. Add tomatoes and vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Stir in olives and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fettuccine and chopped basil.