With no less than 96 points from Mr. Halliday himself, this is clearly some pretty swish savvy. You’d expect it from this producer, though - we reckon they’re one of the Yarra’s best. This is single vineyard magic, bristling with freshly cut grass, slate, citrus and passionfuit pizzaz. You could never call it boring! There’s loads of depth to discover in the glass, though it’s damn delicious at face value too. In a way, it offers everyone something different. If you drink vino just to lubricate your voicebox at a catch-up, this’ll keep the gabble gears turning. Equally, if you like to ponder life, love and the complexities of grape juice, this’ll offer plenty of food for thought. Delicious stuff!
Let’s talk about the Black Market. It’s our way of getting you the best possible value, while looking after our favourite wineries. We don’t want to hurt their relations with other retailers, just because they gave us the best price. So, we only reveal the essentials on-site: region, grape, points & prizes, and price. You won’t know the name of the wine until it hits your doorstep, but we promise it’s great stuff!
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Yarra Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Serving Temp.
With a history spanning over 175 years, there's no doubt that Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most celebrated cool climate wine regions. Victoria's first wine growing district and today home to over 80 wineries specialising in Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and some of our country's best sparkling wines. With stunning hillside, lush greenery, vast space and an enviable climate - it's no wonder that medals, trophies and coveted points are plentiful here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Prawn, Mint & Lemon skewers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 900g large green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- CAPSICUM MAYONNAISE
- 235g (1 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise (see note)
- 2 tbs Always Fresh Fusions Red Pepper Tapenade
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- To make the capsicum mayonnaise, process the mayonnaise, tapenade and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the garlic, chilli, mint, lemon rind, oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the prawns and stir to coat. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread prawns onto skewers. season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. spray the skewers with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Top with mint. Serve with the capsicum mayonnaise and lemon wedges.