BLACK MARKET DEAL Chardonnay 2016
- Yarra Valley
Just the two of us, hey chardy? You and me, baby. Us against the world. I’d love to introduce you to my family and friends. It’s not that I’m embarrassed. On the contrary, I’m almost certainly punching above my weight. You’re from the Upper Yarra-h, daaarling. You’re premium, yet you’re hiding yourself in the black market to be drunk by scum like me. You’re a princess and I’m a pea. No wait, a pauper. Though I’d happily hide under your mattress – this is getting weird.
I met your older sister once. Everyone loved her, especially James Halliday – he gave her 95 points and he wasn’t the only one. My mate at Vinomofo reckons you’re even better, an absolute classic. Lemon lips, a green pear grin, white peach whiskers… wait, what? Regardless, an outstanding vintage, and I’d be happy to get my hands on just one case. I know everyone else will love you too.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Yarra Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
With a history spanning over 175 years, there's no doubt that Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most celebrated cool climate wine regions. Victoria's first wine growing district and today home to over 80 wineries specialising in Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and some of our country's best sparkling wines. With stunning hillside, lush greenery, vast space and an enviable climate - it's no wonder that medals, trophies and coveted points are plentiful here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Lime and cumin chargrilled chicken with mango chilli salsa
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 large Coles RSPCA Approved whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 210°C or 190°C fan. Use a mortar and pestle to pound garlic, cumin seeds and salt until a coarse paste forms. Stir in lime zest, lime juice and oil. Rub all over chicken.
- Preheat an ovenproof chargrill pan on high. Cook the chicken, skin-side down until charred. Turn and cook for 1 min to seal. Place pan in oven and bake for 30 mins.
- Combine the mango, chilli, basil and mint in a bowl. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and transfer to a platter. Drizzle over the pan juices and serve with the salsa.