BLACK MARKET DEAL Sauvignon Blanc 2015
- Fresh, juicy
- Yarra Valley
Who needs friends in high places when you’re grown at 120m? It’s no Everest, but it certainly reflects the lofty accolades that have been bestowed on this savvy b hailing from the Yarra Valley. Awarded 91 points by Andrew Graham and James Halliday, it also made Rob Geddes’ (Master of Wine) Top 100 Wines in 2017 and the Top 100 Wines in Victoria in 2015.
The 5 star producer is known for its premium vino and this classic savvy b doesn’t disappoint. Grassy and crisp with flavours of passionfruit and lychee, it’s going for under a tenner so if you’re a savvy b fan this may just be your savvy saviour.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Yarra Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
With a history spanning over 175 years, there's no doubt that Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most celebrated cool climate wine regions. Victoria's first wine growing district and today home to over 80 wineries specialising in Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and some of our country's best sparkling wines. With stunning hillside, lush greenery, vast space and an enviable climate - it's no wonder that medals, trophies and coveted points are plentiful here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chicken and sesame salad
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 120g baby spinach, washed, dried
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Remove flesh from chicken. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl. Add spinach, carrot and onions.
- Half-fill a frying pan with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add asparagus. Cook until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Make dressing Whisk together orange juice, tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and dressing to chicken mixture. Toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.