Simply Irresistible. How can it be permissible? That kind of love is mythical... okay, so we like to listen to Spotify in the office and as I type, I’m just spurting out lyrics from Robert Palmer. But when you have a simply irresistible rizza at a mythical price, then surely, that’s permissible and anything but typical?
A double gold medal winning, bone-dry rizza that bursts onto the palate with boundless enthusiasm, vibrant lime, apple and citrus envelope the palate with the vibrancy of youth. Complete with a crisp and balanced finish, expect nothing less than a perfectly executed riesling from one of Australia’s rizza rock stars.
Built for the long haul, this is destined for a few layers of dust in the cellar. And with only 96 cases of these bad boys available, whip the car out and be happy in the knowledge that you’ve got one hell of a sweet ride heading your way.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
We find it fitting that the Indigenous translation of Mudgee, is 'nest in the hills' as this splendid wine country is delightfully nestled on the western slopes of the Great Dividing Range encircled by lush, green hills and eternal sunshine. Celebrated for their deep, rich reds and fruit-focused wines (famously Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon) Mudgee has a proud 150 year plus history in the Australian wine industry, with roots impressively dating back to 1858. Today, Mudgee is home to over 40 cellar doors and is recognised as the third largest grape growing district in NSW, specialising in Spanish and Italian varieties, as well as Chardonnay.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Thai-style fish cakes
- 500g firm white fish fillets (such as ling), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 50g green beans, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
- Herb & peanut salad
- 50g Woolworths fresh Asian salad mix
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbs roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Process the fish in a food processor until smooth. Add the coriander, cornflour, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and egg, and process until well combined.
- Move the fish mixture to a large bowl and add the shallot and beans, then stir until well combined. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place 4 egg rings in the pan. Divide the fish mixture into 8 equal portions. Place the portions into an egg ring and begin cooking. Cook 4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fish mixture.
- To make the herb & peanut salad, place the Asian salad mix, coriander, peanuts, oil and lime juice in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined.
- Divide the fish cakes and salad among serving plates. Serve with lime wedges and extra sweet chilli sauce.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...