BLACK MARKET DEAL Pinot Grigio 2016
- Light, aromatic
- King Valley
It’s date night. They’re coming over for dinner. ETA T minus 90 minutes. You’ve been to the market, you’ve got a fridge full of seafood and this King Valley pinot grigio is chillin’ like a villain.
The menu? Baked scallops with crispy pancetta, followed by Creole grilled prawns, alongside a cucumber and grapefruit spanner crab salad. Always a winner, this feast is guaranteed to bring out that nose of nashi pear and green apple, and (hopefully) lock in a second date. Only problem, you probably should’ve bought two bottles.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- King Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Serving Temp.
The region of King Valley is as impressive as its name. With a magnificent vineyard area covering 1,800ha, it represents half of all the plantings in North East Victoria. Celebrated for its innovative varietals, covering all corners of the globe - from Spain, to Germany, France, Russia and more famously Italy, it's this point of difference that has made the area such a revered Aussie wine region. Gentle slopes, warm days and cool nights make it an ideal area to produce Mediterranean varieties such as Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and Prosecco amongst many other out-of-the-box wines - talk about La Dolce Vita!
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 1/2 quantity Basic sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons S&B wasabi paste
- 3 nori sheets
- 1 small avocado, peeled, cut into strips
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into strips
- 170g can crab meat, drained
- Make Basic sushi rice. Mix mayonnaise and wasabi in a bowl.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 1/2 cup rice over nori, leaving a 2cm strip at 1 short end. Spread 3 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture across centre of rice. Arrange 1/3 avocado, capsicum and crab over rice. Using sushi mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Cut roll into 4 slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 12 pieces.