It’s not every day you come across a bottle of chardy from Pemberton at this price. This limited release chardy is proudly (and secretly) brought to you by one of WA’s big-dogs, holding up the lesser known region of Pemberton in a delicious spotlight.
This has that creamy texture you know and love and, if you don’t know it, you will love it. Zesty citrus, the grapefruit and melon flavours are as refreshing as that first ocean swim of the summer.
Hop on in, the chardonnay’s fine.
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
Full price $33.00 from the winery on 11 January 2018.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Chardonnay
- Serving Temp.
Here's where cool climate varietals really come to play in WA. Slightly cooler again than Manjimup, you'll find the best of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Semillon in this relatively remote region. A recent find in the scheme of things, the first vines were only planted here in 1977. Such a lush region forested with famous Karri trees, that only fifteen per cent of its area is available for viticulture. Believe it or not though, there are now over 50 cellar doors here! Enjoy every drop you can find from Pemberton, and if you're lucky enough, match it with the local marron, truffles or trout.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chicken and sesame salad
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 120g baby spinach, washed, dried
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Remove flesh from chicken. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl. Add spinach, carrot and onions.
- Half-fill a frying pan with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add asparagus. Cook until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Make dressing Whisk together orange juice, tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and dressing to chicken mixture. Toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...