BLACK MARKET Chardonnay 2015
- Rich, full
This year’s rendition of this wine’s been made with grapes from cherry-picked regions including Tasmania...and some others. Okay, maybe that gave it away. If so, you’ll already be in the checkout. Otherwise, read on.
Here’s what buyer Karel said: “Funk, minerality, a wine of supreme power. Almost like a white Grange... but we can confirm this is not made by Penfolds. For decades, this wine has pushed the boundaries with how good Australian white wine can be. So complex, so stylish, so smoky, toasty and nutty. Profound stuff.”
There you have it. If I haven’t been clear, you’ll know the maker, you’ll know the wine. We know how much you should be buying, so you just need to live up to your end of the bargain. We have notes on you and we know how much chardonnay’s in your cellar. Jokes, we’re still a startup. Analytics are a luxury. So is chardonnay like this.
Wow, I’m impressed at myself with that odd segue. I’mma keep it.
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Chardonnay
- Serving Temp.
We obviously can't tell you any more info about this wine, but here's a hint. It's from Australia. Don't ask any more, don't ask any less. We love questions, and we love secrets. But we love you more, so we can guarantee that this wine will be worth any perceived risk.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chicken and sesame salad
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 120g baby spinach, washed, dried
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Remove flesh from chicken. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl. Add spinach, carrot and onions.
- Half-fill a frying pan with water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add asparagus. Cook until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Make dressing Whisk together orange juice, tahini, and salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and dressing to chicken mixture. Toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.