Allram Qualitätswein Grüner Veltliner 2018 - 1L
- Light, aromatic
I’m not saying you can’t pack your cocktail shaker and make margaritas in the park, I’m just saying that a litre of Austrian grüner with enough citrus and tropical fruit to rival a Mexican cantina might be a slightly more esky friendly option.
Lime blossom, yuzu and fresh cut, not-too-ripe pineapple are the extroverts here. The fruit lingers throughout, but allows for a teensy tingle of jalepeño and oyster shell derived salinity, followed by a dry, yet glassy mouthfeel reminiscent of fresh cut aloe.
Those fish tacos aren’t going to deliver themselves, so get your order in and make sure you remember the extra large picnic rug - this one litre wonder is for sharing. Who says less is more?
Oh and speaking of aloe - don’t forget your sunscreen. You could be here a while!
Grant, Wine Dealer - “Summer park wine sorted. $15 for a litre. grab some friends, a breadstick, some brie, blueberry and the cricket gear and go to the park and your summer is sorted.”
Jackson, Wine Dealer - “The Allram Grüner is in 1 litre bottles and is a recent favourite of mine - it’s fun, it’s delicious and perfect for a picnic in the park! One of my customers said it was so easy drinking she finished the bottle before she knew it and needed to go for a little siesta!”
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Grüner Veltliner
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Basil pesto pasta
- 375g dried linguine pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve