Fresh from the Victorian Alps comes this limited release sparkling at a cork-popper of a price.
Anyone who knows us will tell you, we’re huge fans of the bubbles that burst from north east Victoria’s King Valley. The region rocks when it comes to prosecco and its sparkling wines are super swish too. And the talented folks at Gapsted know how to get the party started with this fizz. The cooler High Country climate means a lower yield of pinot noir that, once expertly blended with chardonnay, produces a rich creamy texture and a fantastic intensity of flavour. Think crisp apples and citrus fruits, chilled to perfection!
“It is delicately fragrant on the nose showing lemon peel, white stone fruit, jasmine and almond characters. The palate is pristine and elegant, and offers linear mouthfeel and fine texture, brilliantly structured by bright acidity. A delightfully vibrant sparkling wine offering lovely drinking.”
Full price $25.00 from winery on 24 October 2016.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- King Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
Established in 1997, Gapsted Wines are recognised as one of the big boys of the Victorian Alps. Celebrated for their signature cool climate wines and unwavering commitment to producing first class quality, the talented team at Gapsted have adapted a meticulous approach to winemaking which has seen them grow bigger and better with each passing year.
The region of King Valley is as impressive as its name. With a magnificent vineyard area covering 1,800ha, it represents half of all the plantings in North East Victoria. Celebrated for its innovative varietals, covering all corners of the globe - from Spain, to Germany, France, Russia and more famously Italy, it's this point of difference that has made the area such a revered Aussie wine region. Gentle slopes, warm days and cool nights make it an ideal area to produce Mediterranean varieties such as Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and Prosecco amongst many other out-of-the-box wines - talk about La Dolce Vita!
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Prawn, Mint & Lemon skewers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 900g large green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- CAPSICUM MAYONNAISE
- 235g (1 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise (see note)
- 2 tbs Always Fresh Fusions Red Pepper Tapenade
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- To make the capsicum mayonnaise, process the mayonnaise, tapenade and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the garlic, chilli, mint, lemon rind, oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the prawns and stir to coat. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread prawns onto skewers. season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. spray the skewers with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Top with mint. Serve with the capsicum mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...