Viñalba Malbec 2019
- Rich, full-bodied
This Argentinian beauty in a bottle is rich, ripe and robust, delivering plenty of bang for your buck. It’s the perfect weeknight quaffer - one that’s going to pamper you on the palate - not punch you in the hip pocket.
Full price $22.00 from the winery on 28 October 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Malbec
- Serving Temp.
Mendoza is a beautiful region within Argentina that is known for their powerful Malbecs, although the region has begun to branch out to prove that they're not a one grape wonder. Being responsible for nearly 80% of the total production, the region produces Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Syrah, Tempranillo, Chenin and various other grapes. Food focused wines that will satisfy any curious wine drinker.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Steak with chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 6 large rib-eye steaks
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill to high. Place 1 tbs sea salt in a jar with 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water and stir to dissolve. Add remaining ingredients, except steak, and shake well. Brush steaks with a little oil and season. Barbecue until cooked to your liking (1-2 minutes each side for medium rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- Shake sauce again, discarding bay leaf. Place steaks on plates, drizzle with sauce and serve with baked sweet potatoes and iceberg wedges (see related recipe).