From a mofo favourite, this wine is a fun take on the Spanish superstar grape tempranillo. These guys make insanely drinkable wines and this is no exception. You can expect juicy, spicy, chewy red and purple fruit flavours in this delicious wine. Tannin is in-check as fruit takes centre stage in an unmistakably South Australia way. The packaging says it all - open in the park, on a picnic or wherever you please.
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article – absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- South Australia
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Tempranillo
- Serving Temp.
Adelaide as a wine region includes Barossa, Fleurieu and the Adelaide Hills. The wines that use this as their region tend to be very interesting, as they'll inevitably use some cooler, stylish fruit from the Hills, bolstered with richer fruit sourced from one of the other two regions. Grange is a multi-regional blend, after all.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Balsamic tomato, chorizo and rocket fettuccine
- 400g dried fettuccine pasta
- 2 (125g each) smoked chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 70g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in pasta sauce and vinegar. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta. Return to pan. Add tomato mixture, olives and chorizo. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with rocket. Serve