Shiraz Blend 2017 - Black Market Deal #32102
- Textured, savoury
- Southern Fleurieu
“I cannot get this wine out of my mind! From the almost Mediterranean climate of the Fleurieu Peninsula, but with a cooler 2017 vintage, it is drinking better than ever, fitting any situation from a cheeky red on a hot afternoon to lounging by the fire on a stormy night. Medium-to-full-bodied, rich, juicy dark fruit with with a fantastic savoury finish. European in style, but from the good old classic SA, let this little beauty haunt your dreams as it has mine!” – Patrick, Wine Dealer
2017 wines of the region are marked by a medium bodied liveliness that’s quite remarkable. This is no different. On display are still the juicy plums and warming spices you’d expect from a South Aussie, but there’s an extra gear of drive that it kicks into deftly. There’s room for cellaring here, with today’s brightness promising tomorrow’s complexity. A 12 month stint in 300 litre hogsheads only enhances that classic flavour with an extra dash of depth. Fan-bloody-tastic!
Just a note, mofos, that the RRPs displayed on the Halliday Wine Companion website are actually wrong. We’ve been told that they’re being updated to match ours (from the winery) soon, though. We just wanted to give you a heads-up in case there was any confusion!
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
Full price $27.00 from they winery on 3 September 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Southern Fleurieu
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 68% Shiraz, 32% Cabernet
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Red wine, juniper and orange kangaroo pot roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 800g - 1 kg garlic & herb marinated kangaroo mini roasts
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled
- 4 small parsnips, peeled and halved
- 2 celery sticks, chopped into 1cm chunks
- 1 large onion, quartered and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml red wine
- juniper berries
- 60 ml orange juice
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cups water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large heavy-based flameproof saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over a medium-high heat, place kangaroo mini roasts in pan and cook until browned all over, then set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil, place carrots, parsnips and celery in batches into the pan and brown for about 5 minutes each, then set aside.
- Heat remaining oil, add onion to pan over a low heat, cover with a lid and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and chilli and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to combine and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil for 2 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Add the juniper berries, juice, zest, thyme and rosemary. Then return the vegetables and kangaroo to the pan and add the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover, then reduce heat to very low and cook for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Serve kangaroo with a sweet potato mash.