This is a wonderfully quaffable Chilean cab. Their distinctly Mediterranean climate means plenty of ripeness on the berries, giving plush and easy-drinking appeal to this great-value drop. Juicy blackcurrants, blueberries, black cherries and spice notes are framed by some softly-softly tannins making for an approachable red regardless of the food pairing.
Full price $20.00 from the producer on 2 January 2020.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Maipo Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Serving Temp.
The Maipo Valley lies in the foothills of the Andes and the wines are as epic as the scenery. Seriously, google it. People much older and wiser than us once believed the Gods resided on mountain tops and, if the wine coming out of Maipo is anything to go by, it tastes like there's definitely been some divine intervention happening. Maipo is the birthplace of the Chilean wine industry, and with terms like the "Bordeaux of South America" being thrown around, it's hard not to get excited when a shipment makes it to the 'Fo.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Baharat beef kebabs with chickpea tabouli
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1.2kg beef scotch fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups store-bought tabouli
- 400gcan chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Lebanese bread, to serve
- Eggplant dip, to serve
- Combine the paprika, cumin, pepper, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves in a large bowl. Add beef and toss to coat. Thread beef on to 12 skewers. Preheat grill on medium-high. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine tabouli and chickpeas in a bowl. Divide the bread, skewers and chickpea tabouli among serving plates. Serve with eggplant dip.