Riorret Lusatia Park Pinot Noir 2018
- Textured, savoury
- Yarra Valley
Gold medals, trophies and comparisons to Gevrey-Chambertin - is there anything this wine can’t do?
Well, actually yes, there is. It can’t sit in your wine rack for long - try it - you’ll see. One minute it’s there, the next minute your glass is empty and you’re wondering why you only ordered one case.
It all bottlenecks to this: 30+ year old vines on sun drenched slopes, extra TLC in the vineyard and an expert winemaker - resulting in all the Upper Yarra goodness you can cram into a bottle.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Yarra Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Serving Temp.
With a history spanning over 175 years, there's no doubt that Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most celebrated cool climate wine regions. Victoria's first wine growing district and today home to over 80 wineries specialising in Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and some of our country's best sparkling wines. With stunning hillside, lush greenery, vast space and an enviable climate - it's no wonder that medals, trophies and coveted points are plentiful here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Balsamic tomato, chorizo and rocket fettuccine
- 400g dried fettuccine pasta
- 2 (125g each) smoked chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 70g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in pasta sauce and vinegar. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta. Return to pan. Add tomato mixture, olives and chorizo. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with rocket. Serve