This is dark and thoughtful pinot from the Yarra Valley. It’s like one those light-and-bright, innocently fruited pinots usually found in this price bracket has come of age in grand style. The template’s still there, the DNA is the same, but there’s a real savoury, herbaceous complexity taking the experience to whole new heights. It’s not too heavy, nor too dark, but there’s depth of flavour enough to lose yourself in for hours. The fun label belies the complexity within, and there’s serious cellar potential here, without doubt. Raspberries, cherries and exotic spices, dusted with very fine white pepper and a back palate hint of vanilla yoghurt. Simply divine!
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Yarra Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Serving Temp.
With a history spanning over 175 years, there's no doubt that Yarra Valley is one of Australia's most celebrated cool climate wine regions. Victoria's first wine growing district and today home to over 80 wineries specialising in Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and some of our country's best sparkling wines. With stunning hillside, lush greenery, vast space and an enviable climate - it's no wonder that medals, trophies and coveted points are plentiful here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Steak with chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 6 large rib-eye steaks
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill to high. Place 1 tbs sea salt in a jar with 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water and stir to dissolve. Add remaining ingredients, except steak, and shake well. Brush steaks with a little oil and season. Barbecue until cooked to your liking (1-2 minutes each side for medium rare). Rest for 5 minutes.
- Shake sauce again, discarding bay leaf. Place steaks on plates, drizzle with sauce and serve with baked sweet potatoes and iceberg wedges (see related recipe).