A rambunctiously-berried, brambly style of pinot, alluding to forest floor before a cascade of berries and cherries hits you in the schnoz. The palate’s youthful, spicy and richer than the nose implies – more chestnut and vanilla to layer in among the red fruits. Med-full for a pinot, savoury and dense. It’s hip to be a square; it’s cool to try Chilean pinot. You do you.
Part of our Women in Wine Collection
We are committed to ALWAYS having wines available that are made by women. In an industry that’s still dominated by men, we believe in celebrating the incredible work women are doing. Here’s to our Women in Wine!
Winemaker: Viviana Navarrete
Viviana Navarrete is the chief winemaker for a group of wineries including Casa Rivas and Leyda, another of our favourites.
Full price $27.00 from the producer on 27 December 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Open steak sandwiches
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sprigs basil
- 1 tbs baby capers
- 1 lemon
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 x 175g beef fillet steaks
- 1/2 radicchio treviso
- 1 bunch rocket
- 150g (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut tomatoes in quarters and place on an oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften.
- Meanwhile, place garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle to a paste. Tear over parsley and basil leaves, add capers, then pound until leaves are bruised. Add 1 1/2 tbs oil, then zest over lemon and squeeze in juice. Season and stir to combine. Makes 2/3 cup.
- Preheat chargrill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of bread with 1 tbs oil, then cook for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred. Divide among plates. Keep pan over heat.
- Slice beef fillets in half horizontally to make 8 thin steaks. Brush with remaining 1 tsp oil, season, then cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim radicchio and separate leaves. Place in a large bowl. Add rocket, drizzle with 1 tbs herb dressing and toss to combine.
- Spread chargrilled bread with mayonnaise. Top with radicchio salad, steaks and tomatoes, then drizzle with remaining herb dressing to serve.