Domaine Rebourgeon-Mure Pommard 2014
- Textured, savoury
Bright and punchy like a younger sibling, this French juice is the kinda adult you hope your snot-nosed little brother will one day turn into. It’s pretty apt, given this family winery has been producing top of the (cork) pops vino since the 1500s. This is the first time their wines have ever been imported into Australia so we’re pretty chuffed, naturellement, to build a Burgundy bridge for you mofos.
Awarded a Gold medal by Gilbert & Gaillard, the mouth is seduced by its velvet texture, spice and dark fruits, while the nose is enticed by a combination of red fruit and earthy farm notes. Both friendly and gourmet, this Burgundy is a crowd pleaser whether you’re rocking birkenstocks or heels, thongs or a tuxedo. Forget the stereotypical stuffy Frenchman, Domaine Rebourgeon-Mure are down with the ‘Fo: no discrimination, just daily hydration.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Balsamic tomato, chorizo and rocket fettuccine
- 400g dried fettuccine pasta
- 2 (125g each) smoked chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 70g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in pasta sauce and vinegar. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta. Return to pan. Add tomato mixture, olives and chorizo. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with rocket. Serve