Now you can’t say we don’t take you places, mofo! Welcome to Chile!
Carignan, originally a French native, is something of a point of difference in Chilean wines, being rarely seen as a single varietal anywhere else. The Central Valley, not unlike Mendoza in neighbouring Argentina, benefits from hot days and cold nights, allowing the grapes to ripen fully but retain loads of lovely fresh acidity. In terms of flavour, think blackberries and mulberries, a generous scattering of baking spice and Mediterranean herbs. The winery themselves describe this as ‘edgy’ and ‘rustic’, but don’t let that put you off. It’s just a hearty, unpretentious wine made for casual grill-ups. Quite at home in Australia, then!
Full price $25.00 from the producer on 5 December 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Carignan, Grenache
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 40g packet fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine tomato and coriander in a bowl. Combine avocado and 2 teaspoons lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine steak, seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, until cooked to your liking. Combine steak, onion mixture and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve tortillas with tomato mixture, avocado mixture, beef mixture and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...