Château Le Crock Saint-Estèphe Bordeaux 2014
- Textured, savoury
There is definitely a wine you’ll want to pick up and put away. Big points and even bigger returns for those who have the patience to keep their hands off this ‘14 Bordeaux. It scored 97 points from Andrew Jefford, 95 from Decanter and 95 from Jane Anson, but it still has a few years left till it really hits its straps. Dense and rich with dark fruits and spice, there are notes of liquorice, dark chocolate and coffee and, as Decanter say, “it’s going to take some time but there is a lot of promising substance in this wine.”
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 19% Cabernet Franc, 1% Petit Verdot
- Serving Temp.
Bordeaux is one of the oldest and most famous regions within France, known for both its Left Bank which produces more Cabernet Sauvignon based blends and its Right Bank which produces more Merlot based blends. Bordeaux is home to many of the worlds most expensive wines. The big guys on the left bank are Pauillac and Margaux and on the right you've got Saint-Emilion and Pomerol. Not forgetting the whites and the sweet stuff though, Bordeaux also is known for producing dry whites in Pessac-Leognan and sweet wines in Sauternes. The most common grapes grown in Bordeaux are Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Chargrilled vegetable pizza
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 4 80g wholemeal pita breads
- 1/2 cup tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup Bulla Original Cottage Cheese
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Char-grill eggplant, zucchini, mushroom and capsicum on a non-stick grill or BBQ until tender. Remove skin from blackened red capsicum and cut into strips.
- Spread the pita breads with tomato sauce and top with vegetables. Dollop evenly with Bulla Original Cottage Cheese.
- Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until base is crisp and the cheese has browned. Serve topped with basil leaves.