Celler Masroig Solà Fred 2018
- Medium bodied
Celler Masroig (pronounced ‘ce-yeah ma-rosh’) is a co-op from one of Montsant’s most special spots and is considered among the region’s best producers. The community work together to craft excellent wines across local varieties - in this case, 100% carignan. It’s from steep, south-facing slopes, with hot days and cold nights making the grapes strong. This is a firm and ripe wine with wonderful plum, prune and herbaceousness, strung together by fine acidity, and food-friendly drying tannin. If you ever get to the area, a stop at the cellar door is a must, where their Decanter-awarded wines sit next to their refill-your-own barrels of tinto and blanco.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Carignan
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 40g packet fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine tomato and coriander in a bowl. Combine avocado and 2 teaspoons lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine steak, seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, until cooked to your liking. Combine steak, onion mixture and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve tortillas with tomato mixture, avocado mixture, beef mixture and lemon wedges.