As youthfully exuberant as it is a serious strutter, this peacocking cab puts its mitts up to Coonawarra. Drinkability is off the charts, backed by enough tannin structure to be certain of its varietal nature. Redcurrants, lifted spice and plunging earth notes are underscored by licorice and piquant pepper. Fruit delivers with gusto and some unexpected mid-palate richness. Long-lasting Limestone Coast goodness right here.
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
Full price $28.00 from the winery on 11 September 2018.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Limestone Coast
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
The Limestone Coast encompasses Coonawarra, Padthaway, Wrattonbully, Mt Benson, Robe and Mt Gambier. A relatively warm wine region on the whole, but peppered with various pockets of cool weather and an overriding maritime influence, it produces wines from rich reds to alternative whites and has the perfect conditions for some amazing dessert wines and Riesling. Including names both big and up-and-coming, if it's a mutli-regional blend you're after, Limestone Coast delivers on quality and value.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 12 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 600g lamb leg steaks
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 70g rocket leaves, trimmed
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs, reserving 2 tablespoons leaves. Soak rosemary skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Chop reserved leaves.
- Cut lamb into 2cm cubes. Thread onto rosemary skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Whisk rind, honey, garlic, reserved rosemary, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a jug. Pour over kebabs. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place sweet potato onto a microwave-safe plate. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high heat. Reduce to medium. Lightly grease. Cook sweet potato for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Add kebabs to barbecue and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium.
- Place sweet potato onto serving plates. Top with lamb kebabs and serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...