When we got to try a few of the wines at our daily morning tasting from this ICONIC Macedon Ranges producer I was blown away, especially with this 2013 Bordeaux Blend. So impressed in fact, that I ended up making the drive out to their cellar door over the weekend just so I could try the rest of their range! I’m so glad I did! ALL their wines are stunning and they are just the loveliest people too! This wine has amazing length is super plush and powerful yet elegant... but never mind all that, it’s just bloody delicious! – Simone, Wine Dealer
We’re super excited to have this wine in, mofos. It’s from a real classic name producer. And the quality is there in spades. It’s a cool climate, so the wine’s far from jammy. But there’s rampant complexity and incredible elegance that’ll impress damn near everyone. Dark, aromatic herbs and cedar, blackcurrant and supple leather, a gentle breath of eucalupt and some fine coffee-ground tannins. Born in one of the best vintages in recent times, it’s had ample time in bottle to settle down, and now the stage is set for magic in your glass.
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article – absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Macedon Ranges
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 12 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 600g lamb leg steaks
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 70g rocket leaves, trimmed
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs, reserving 2 tablespoons leaves. Soak rosemary skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Chop reserved leaves.
- Cut lamb into 2cm cubes. Thread onto rosemary skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Whisk rind, honey, garlic, reserved rosemary, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a jug. Pour over kebabs. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place sweet potato onto a microwave-safe plate. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high heat. Reduce to medium. Lightly grease. Cook sweet potato for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Add kebabs to barbecue and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium.
- Place sweet potato onto serving plates. Top with lamb kebabs and serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...