The pinot noirs from this very well-known maker are revered as distinctive and long-lived, at once forceful but delicate. 2016 in Northern Tassie saw a warm vintage and produced very well-balanced wines in general. This is a boldly flavoured pinot with loads of red fruit: glossy cherries, redcurrants and plums. Backs it up with some vanilla and earthy forest floor. The tannins fluctuate from silky to layered to silty-fine as they flow through the palate. Don’t be misled by its lightness, as the past decades have proven the wine’s propensity for longevity. Good now, or in ten years.
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Serving Temp.
Some of the country's highest quality and best value wines unarguably come from this wee island, and the average bottle price is higher than any other region. It is probably the most sustainable part of the Aussie wine industry, given its relatively untapped potential and consistency of quality.There's no denying that the Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, sparkling and aromatic whites are up there with the best.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Pizza with bocconcini, prosciutto & rocket
- 1 x 440g bought pizza base with tomato paste
- 5 bocconcini, thickly sliced
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 30g (1/3 cup) shaved parmesan
- 7 thin slices prosciutto, torn in half
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. Place an oven shelf in the lowest position. Place pizza base on a baking tray. Top with bocconcini and olives.
- Bake on the lowest shelf of oven for 8 minutes or until the bocconcini melts and the base is crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the rocket and parmesan in a bowl.
- Top the pizza with the prosciutto and the rocket mixture to serve.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...