BLACK MARKET Fortified 2015
Fortified fiends, this one is for you. Made from shiraz and grenache vines in the Vale, this wine has raspberries, plums and Christmas pudding on the nose with sweet flavours of berries and blackforest cake. It’s the perfect post-dinner treat, with 96 points from Sam Kim, 94 from Mike Bennie and 93 and a gold medal from Wine Showcase Magazine. Add in two trophies and 5 stars from Winestate Magazine, and you’ve got something seriously serious to swirl in your glass.
We can’t reveal the brand of this wine on our site. It’s a promise we made to the producer and that’s how we secured the deal. You still get the real McCoy – no cleanskins, no knockoffs, just top shelf vino at up to 70% off. Trust us, you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Shiraz and Grenache
- Serving Temp.
We obviously can't tell you any more info about this wine, but here's a hint. It's from Australia. Don't ask any more, don't ask any less. We love questions, and we love secrets. But we love you more, so we can guarantee that this wine will be worth any perceived risk.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Favourite chocolate cake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups raw caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate curls, to decorate (optional)
- Chocolate ganache
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place flours, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and sifted cocoa in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Whisk eggs and buttermilk in a jug. Stir buttermilk, then chocolate, into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Stand cake in pan for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Split cake in half. Place base of cake on serving plate. Spread over half the ganache. Sandwich with cake top. Spread top and side of cake with remaining ganache. Top with chocolate curls, if using. Stand until ganache sets slightly. Serve with ice-cream or cream on the side. Delicious!