BLACK MARKET DEAL Shiraz 2016
- Medium bodied
- Clare Valley
This famous brand makes a super tasty shiraz and you can pick it up right now for a super savvy discount. There are only 320 cases available and the other varietals we’ve had from these producers have flown off the proverbial shelves (warehouse floor). They’re a 5 red star producer working tirelessly out of the Clare Valley to bring you bold, beautiful vino like this new ‘16 shiraz. Decades of experience can’t be wrong, right?
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Clare Valley
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
Riesling lovers need look no further. If there was ever a shrine to the rizza gods then it would be in the Clare. But go beyond the pristine, dry and steely whites that made the region world famous, and you’ll find some special reds worthy of attention. Shiraz and cabernet are among the frontrunners, with examples from Kilikanoon, Jim Barry, Leasingham, Tim Adams and Skillogalee regularly receiving top marks from Sir Halliday. There’s also some pretty smart grenache, cabernet franc and cabernet malbec coming out of the region too. So if you’re into plummy, well structured red wine styles, then you’ll find rich pickings here.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 40g packet fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine tomato and coriander in a bowl. Combine avocado and 2 teaspoons lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine steak, seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, until cooked to your liking. Combine steak, onion mixture and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve tortillas with tomato mixture, avocado mixture, beef mixture and lemon wedges.