Merlot, I admire you. Ever since you were bad mouthed in that lame movie ‘Sideways’, you’ve been shaking off the haters. Well, as every true wine fan knows, those sour grapes will always be wrong and you’ll always be awesome. And if you need proof, you’re about to discover the unquestionable truth when you taste this 94 point palate superstar.
Raised in one of Victoria’s most revered cool-climate regions, this stunning wine was born to be brilliant. Why? Because the region’s mountain breezes and unique soils, and this boutique producer’s meticulous vineyard management and painstaking winemaking, are famous for creating seriously smart wine. We’re talking about hand-picked, hand-sorted, wild-fermented wines that are rested in the finest French oak before release. And this particular vino flaunts its talent like the star performer it was destined to be.
It kicks off with graceful notes of blackberry leaf, cherry, violets and cedar, that lead to a savoury, medium-bodied and memorable finish. In fact, one sip is all you’ll need to get hooked on this merlot’s charm.
So let the haters hate, ‘cause at just $18 you’ve got every reason to be happy.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Tagliatelle with ragu sauce
- Beef ragu sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine ragu sauce and vinegar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Add beans. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to sauce. Toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.